Apartment Resources/Danter Report, 1993 to 1997
Special issue focusing on for-sale residential development and marketing containing the
- Who's the Victim of Antigrowth Regulation?: People who advocate antigrowth
positions are only hurting their own communities. Find out why
- Making it Easier to Buy a New Home: Some elementary mistakes that your new home
sales staff might be making.
- Gap Management and For-Sale Housing: Fine-tuning your pricing can even your
absorption and increase your bottom line
- Enhancing Condominium Absorption Through Landscaping: Landscaping is often the
first thing cut when construction budgets run over. Find out how this could end up costing
you in absorption.
Download/view Summer 1997 Danter Report
Summary of articles in the July 1996 issue:
- Where Are Your Tenants Coming From?: A discussion of the dynamics of step-up and
step-down support within the multifamily market.
- The Value of Strategic Rehabilitation: How rehabbing your marketing and pricing
procedures may be the first step toward turning around a project--before the aggravation
and hassle of rehabbing units.
Download/view July 1996 Danter Report
- Being There: A Guide to Danter and Associates Methodology: This article explains in
great detail Danter and Associates's methodology, including the Effective Market Area,
Rent/Value Analysis, and the 100% database.
Download/view October 1995 Danter Report
- How Accurate are Fair Market Rents: The results of a phone survey we conducted
and the impact of our findings on Fair Market Rents.
Download/view December 1994 Apartment Resources
- The New Clubhouse: The trend toward targeted communities has changed the function
of the clubhouse.
- Defining Comparable Properties: How we use the 100% database and regression
analysis to take the guesswork out of determining comps.
Download/view November 1994 Apartment Resources
- Cover Your Ears:The Next Multifamily Boom is Coming--Or Is It? How to prepare for
the next big multifamily boom, when and if it comes
Download/view October 1993 Apartment Resources
- Renters and home Affordability 1991: The results of a Census Bureau survey on how
many renters could not afford single-family housing and the reasons why.
Download/view September 1993 Apartment Resources
- Apartment Shoppers By Age:The Aggregated POP Surveys: Survey results of our
aggregated surveys of apartment shoppers and their preferences. Results aggregated by age.
Download/view August 1993 Apartment Resources
- Recent-mover Renters, 1991: A study of renters who had moved in the 12 months
prior to the American Housing Survey of 1991.
Download/view July 1993 Apartment Resources
- Old Myth, New Setting:GIS and Location, Location, Location: Using only a GIS to
make critical site decisions, without doing the primary field work, is asking for trouble.
Download/view June 1993 Apartment Resources
- Recent Market Vacancy Trends: Excerpt from Ken Danter's Mortgage Banking
article on what we've seen in apartment markets across the country.
- The Fallacy of Capture Factors:Sure, you have a low capture factor, but if you
have the wrong market area, you could be headed for disaster.
Download/view May 1993 Apartment Resources
- Profile of First-Time Homebuyers: A profile of first-time homebuyers from the
1989 American Housing Survey, special for Apartment Resources.
Download/view April 1993 Apartment Resources
- Market Feasibility and Appraisals: The difference between market feasibility
studies and appraisals, and why the methodology for one is not suited to the other
Download/view March 1993 Apartment Resources
- What is Market Rent? The only scientific way to determine market-driven rent at
any amenity level.
Download/view February 1993 Apartment Resources
- Renting Value Instead of Cost--The Importance of Quality Landscaping: We examined
the dollars and cents impact of quality landscaping, with results that might surprise you.
Download/view January 1993 Apartment Resources